Apr 1, 2013

Celia Hughes midwife and lactation consultant (certified in France). Fluent in French and English.



Doula services

I offer you (and your partner) my emotional and physical support before, during and after childbirth.
I am a midwife so I believe in ‘mothering the mother’, enabling a woman to have the most satisfying experience that she can, from pregnancy and into motherhood. This type of support allows the whole family to relax and enjoy the experience too.
If you want me to be your doula I will give you birthing lessons, my support along the pregnancy and during the labor and birth and I will visit you at least three times during the first two weeks to help you with the baby and the breastfeeding.

Birthing lessons

As a midwife ( from france) I offer some private lessons for mother-to-be or couples. I can also do some group classes for a minimum of three people (we can settle a date together).
I usually do at least three or four sessions along the pregnancy to have really the time to discuss all about the birth process, the birth plan and the relaxation and breathing techniques (2h-2.5h/each session) .
The first part is about pregnancy and birth process : anatomy and physiology, relaxation and comforting techniques, breathing during labor, massage, birthplan etc...
The second part aims to prepare you for breastfeeding and the post-partum period.                   

Breasfeeding and Newborn Baby Care

Private home visits : After the birth I can visit you at home to help you with breastfeeding and caring for the baby. I can also visit you in the hospital if you want to.

Lactation consultations : I also offer my services as a lactation consultant. If you have some problems like sore nipples, a sleepy baby, or if you have questions about pumping, how to manage breastfeeding and work, how to wean you can consult me.

For more information please consult my website or send me a email :